Today, many different criteria must be balanced in order to provide high quality, comfortable buildings that also comply with building regulations, minimise upfront costs to the client, optimise on-going energy costs and reduce environmental impact.
DesignBuilder enables you to
- Easily compare design alternatives.
- Optimise your design at any stage with client’s variable objectives.
- Model even complex buildings quickly.
- Effortlessly import existing BIM and CAD design data.
- Generate impressive rendered images and movies.
- Simplify EnergyPlus thermal simulation.
DesignBuilder combines advanced energy simulation with the fastest modelling technology on the market so that architects, engineers and energy assessors can reduce a building’s impact on the environment.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of an Urban Neighbourhood Refurbishment Project
- Naturally Ventilated Daycare Building – Design and LEED Certification
DesignBuilder Software Packages
A completely modular solution, DesignBuilder comprises a core 3-D modeller and 10 modules which work together to provide in-depth analysis for any building. Every module fully integrates with its counterparts, so you can pick individual modules or choose one of our packages.
Our software packages contain the most common module combinations for each class of user as shown below. Modules can also be purchased separately and a site network license with any combination of modules is also available.
- For Energy Assessors – hundreds of assessors have used DesignBuilder to model millions of m2 and thousands of buildings.
- For Architects – if you’re designing a renovation or new build project, DesignBuilder is perfect for early design stage simulations.
- For Engineers – minimise the ‘energy gap’ for your clients with DesignBuilder’s advanced modelling.
- For academic institutions – around the world use DesignBuilder for teaching since it’s easy to learn and research since it’s so powerful.
- 3-D Modeller – The core module, our efficient 3-D building modeller.
- Visualisation – Visualisation: Stunning rendered images and site shading analysis.
- Certification – EPCs and Part-L2 calculations in UK and Ireland.
- Simulation – EnergyPlus simulations for energy and comfort analyses.
- Daylighting – Reports daylight factors and illuminance using Radiance.
- HVAC – A powerful and flexible interface to EnergyPlus HVAC.
- Cost – Early stage building cost estimation.
- LEED – LEED EAp2 and ASHRAE 90.1 calculations.
- Optimisation – Multi-criteria optimisation to help meet design goals.
- Scripting – Customise EnergyPlus simulations using EMS or FMU.
- CFD – Computational Fluid Dynamics calculates distribution of air properties in and around buildings.